Happy New Year – Gott Nytt År! And God Fortsättning, as we also say. I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas. I have spent some time away from my computer, planning for 2012. Have you made any New Year’s resolutions – or Nyårslöften, as we say in Swedish? Perhaps to practice more Swedish? Now may be a good time to set some goals for the rest of the year in terms of your Swedish. Maybe some goals could be:
- read a book in Swedish
- listen to at least 1 hour of Swedish radio per week
- buy a vocabulary book for new words
- buy some flash cards and learn 10 new words every week
- buy a ticket/order drinks and food/ask a random person about the time/ask for directions/strike up general conversation in a public place – next time you go to Sweden
- watch 1 Swedish movie per month (watch twice – first with subtitles and then without)
I have also been thinking about my Nyårslöften. I won’t tell you all of them, but I can promise that there will be more podcasts and more media this year (maybe even Youtube clips!) to look forward to – so stay tuned!